At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for managing all aspects of diverse, complex to very complex projects. This includes but not limited to project planning, execution, timing, functionality, testing, quality, cost benefit analysis, risk management, communication and documentation. Project types include new product launches, capital improvements, R&D, strategic initiatives and continuous improvement.
- Initiates and leads projects, including creation of proposals, writing business requirements and negotiating timelines with business and technology partners. Coordinates the testing, installation and implementation of system modifications with the Processing Centers, business partners, internal applications teams and external vendors.
- Adheres to enterprise-wide company policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulatory mandates. Adheres to company guidelines for Change Management and the Product Development Process (PDP). Ensure the highest level of compliance with company directives regarding confidentiality, storage and access to secure data.
- Represents the organization as a primary contact on assigned projects. Utilizes expertise and leadership skills to direct natural work groups and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met. Effectively and consistently communicate to provide timely and accurate information and status updates to all stakeholders.
- Solves unusual technical and business problems requiring innovative business solutions and state-of-the-industry subject matter expertise. Ensure solutions are consistent with organizational objectives.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communication or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Project Management, Operations or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Project Management, Operations or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Certification in Project Management
- SAFe (Scale Agile Framework), LEAN, or other Agile Certification (CSM, CSPO, Preferred, etc.)
- Vendor Management
- Experience JIRA and/or RALLY software applications
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.