At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for executing and participating in information security assessments within on or more risk stripes, and/or supporting assigned team(s).
- Coordinates working groups, sessions and documenting requirement, assessment, and any other artifact and deliverables as needed.
- Executes technical or control assessments against defined assessment criteria, ensuring that DFS Information Security Policies, Standards and Controls are complied with.
- Draft reports and formal findings as the result of information security assessments.
- Represents the department in meetings and cross-functional risk working groups to present assessment objectives or results.
- Review metrics, reporting and self-assessments by other business areas to identify deficiencies against program policies, standards and controls.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Security, Business, Security and Intelligence or related field
- In lieu of degree, 4+ years of experience in Audit, Inspection, Compliance Review, Business Analysis, Application Development, Agile, Military Intelligence, Law Enforcement or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 1+ years of experience in Audit, Inspection, Compliance Review, Business Analysis, Application Development, Agile or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Information Security, Cyber Security or related field
- PMP, CPP, PSP, CSM (Scrum Master)
- CISA, CISSP, GIAC
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.