At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This position will report to the Banking Fraud Strategy Business Intelligence team. The successful candidate will become a joint stakeholder in the overall effort by Bank Fraud team to prevent and detect fraudulent activity directed against Discover’s rapidly developing banking product lines. This position will utilize extensive subject matter expertise on rapidly changing methods of money movement (applicable to all Banking products), and will help design and deploy new, industry leading monitoring and reporting structure to help report on Fraud, create monitoring, track Fraud loss and its drivers. This is a great opportunity for someone who aspires to participate in creating awareness and working with a wider audience.
- Develops and implements effective fraud detection and prevention strategies to mitigate fraud losses while ensuring an appropriate balance between risk, operational cost, and customer experience.
- Analyzes customer application data, new account transaction data, and customer interaction data. Develops and enhances fraud prevention strategies.
- Identifies patterns to detect new account fraud. Evaluates data and information from multiple sources.
- Supports the testing and deployment of new vendor products. Develops business cases for incorporating new technologies.
- Develops and reviews strategy performance reports and communicates the fraud results to the business.
- Partners in fraud trend reviews to identify vulnerabilities.
- (25%) Data manipulation to understand Fraud and its drivers, root cause analysis.
- (25%) Develop metrics to create understanding of Fraud.
- (25%) Leverage Tableau and Excel for reporting.
- (15%) Subject matter expert in disputes, recovery, Fraud loss and its drivers.
- (10%) Share findings and influence decisions.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in Banking/Financial industry
- 2+ years of experience in Applied Analytics using SQL, Tableau, MS Office (Word, Excel)
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Fraud Risk discipline in consumer banking products
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal / business partnering, and organizational skills; experience story telling based on data.
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in Fraud Risk discipline in consumer banking products
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.