At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This position could be located in either Riverwoods, Illinois or Salt Lake City, Utah.
Responsible for maintaining and enhancing department or functional units in support of the overall compliance program components.
- Maintains and enhances department or functional units in support of the overall compliance program components.
- Assists with researching regulatory compliance requirements and evaluating the adequacy of business policies, procedures, training and reference materials, system, and manual processes.
- Assists with the identification and assessment of compliance program risks and controls.
- Supports management in the development, implementation, and maintenance of compliance programs and a culture of compliance.
- Assists with the preparation of status reports of program initiatives, activities, and compliance issues to management and committees.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Business, Security, Law, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or Risk
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
- JD, CISA, CIPP, CRMP, PMP, RIMS, or similar license/certification
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.