At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for performing clerical and administrative duties.
- Maintains business files. Answers telephone calls, takes messages, and forwards information to appropriate personnel. Screens and redirects calls to management and staff.
- Prepares correspondence including forms, tables, proposals, and reports. Opens, sorts, and distributes mail. Sends outgoing mail. Distributes requests for information, tracks progress, and follows up.
- Tracks and enters time and attendance. Participates in orienting and training new team members.
- Communicates with management to convey information, collect data, and coordinate administrative details.
- Coordinates and schedules travel arrangements. Coordinates internal moves and office reconfigurations.
- Arranges and coordinates meetings, appointments, lunches, dinners, and parties. Partners with other assistants to coordinate multiple executives’ calendars. Ensures materials are available and printed in advance of meetings.
- Provides first-pass handling of leaders’ emails and voicemails. Arranges meetings, schedules appointments, and follow-ups. Ensures the accuracy and effectiveness of leaders’ calendars.
- Ensures pending responses are completed in a timely manner.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- 8+ years of administrative experience.
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 8+ years of experience in Lean, Six Sigma, and/or demonstrated process improvement expertise.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.