At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for coordinating the testing efforts of one or more large projects. Assists in the establishment of standards and processes that Test Leads should follow to manage their areas of responsibilities. Drives product quality and promotes practices to improve productivity and enable quality at the team level.
- Assists in the provision of solutions for problem prevention through regular analysis of metrics to identify and assist in the implementation of improvements to defined processes and procedures.
- Manages quality/test challenges at the team level, providing guidance, training, technical support, and where necessary, mentoring individuals.
- Attends weekly team meetings of projects/programs and provides input from the testers’ perspective.
- Drives for quality, ensures quality is built in from the start via establishing acceptance criteria, defines quality gates, stays abreast of new and emerging technologies, and works with Senior Management to define and maintain a strategy.
- Provides leadership support to the testing team, ensuring team cohesion through regular team meetings, 1:1s, the dissemination of pertinent information, and assists in the forecasting of staffing required to support future workload.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in leading quality engineering activities or related
- ISTQB Foundation
- In lieu of a degree, 6+years of experience in leading quality engineering activities or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- 4+ years of experience in software testing, Agile, or related field
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager #LI- BG1
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.