At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for performing clerical duties in support of leaders. Manages calendars, makes travel reservations, processes expense reports, and processes paperwork for staffing changes.
Must be available between the hours of 8am-5pm
- Manages projects for the team.
- Arranges and coordinates large conferences, dinners, lunches, and other events.
- Takes notes during meetings and produces minutes. Supports orientation and training for new team members.
- Completes typing assignments including correspondence, forms, tables, proposals, and reports.
- Manages leadership schedules, including arranging meetings, scheduling appointments, and following up. Ensures the leaders’ calendars are accurate. Coordinates travel arrangements. Manages the team’s calendar.
- Responds to inquiries and directs to appropriate personnel. Opens, sorts, and distributes mail. Sends outgoing mail. Orders office supplies. Sorts and files correspondence and other documents in the filing systems.
- Distributes requests for information, tracks progress, and follows up on actions taken.
- Tracks department budgets and reconciles questionable charges.
- Tracks time and attendance for the team. Screens telephone calls and visitors.
- Coordinates internal moves and office reconfigurations for the team.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- 2+ years of experience in the general corporate environment
Internal Posting Requirements
- Must not be on any active Final Disciplinary Action
- Must be in current department for 12 months or longer
- Must have a current Meets Review or higher on file
- Availability requirements must include the hours of 8am-5pm
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- High level of professionalism
- Experience meeting deadlines, managing calendars, and maintaining spreadsheets
- Ability to take initiative
- Coachable and willing to learn
- Experience supporting an executive level role
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.