At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Payment Services Product Owner is a key member of the business who is the conduit to technology through the Agile team. He/she is responsible for writing user stories that align to the product features. Ensures the pipeline (backlog) stays full and is prioritized. Internally focused on the Agile team and implementation. Reviews and accepts user stories. Partners with Product Managers to prepare features and user stories for continual planning cycles.
* This position is located in Riverwoods (IL), but could require some flexibility 2x/wk to visit a different office near Riverwoods.
- Provides status updates to the business and management. Facilitate and encourage conversations between the Business and Technology to determine the what and the how of the features
- Manages and prioritizes sprint backlogs, collaborating and representing Business stakeholders for developing an Authentication Platform
- Empowers decisions regarding functionality and priority in the sprint. Approves each user story during the sprint.
- Develops user stories from prioritized features. Leads efforts to attain product vision and objectives. Writes acceptance criteria for user stories. Ensures that user stories meet the Definition of Ready (DoR) and are updated in the system.
- Collaborates with Agile teams to follow through on business priorities and visions.
- Partners with agile team to deliver customer and business value through product features. Develop partnership relationships with Other Technical and Operational Teams and maintain working rapport with others, leveraging these relationships to meet common project milestone/goal.
- Provide cross functional knowledge of Technical infrastructures, Application development and Payment Services industry.
- Prepare, edit and present accurate information with minimal direction. Identify auditable processes and ensure all documentation, both internal and Client facing, is current and compliant.
- Compile and illustrate metric trends, outlining potential options. Provide input and support for business analysis; support development of presentation material
- Review, analyze and prioritize Voice of the customer feedback to incorporate in user stories
- Lead research efforts to identify industry or Payment Services practices; develop and deliver response or presentation materials for use with internal and external Clients.
- Lead the creation and establishment of processes (new & old) and procedures that ensure consistent and repeatable process, including engagement processes and documents, project documents and boarding/certification processes
- Key contributor in related projects meeting
- Travel is required where/when necessary to turn ideas into actions
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience as Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT, or related SAFe
- Keen interest in authentication products and fraud mitigation strategy
- Extensive knowledge of Payment Services, including Operational and Technical aspects
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience in interpreting data and translating into insight
- Experience in defining approach, action plans and oversight of project execution
- Demonstrated leadership in identifying and facilitating resolution of requirement, process and project issues
- Ability to prepare clear and concise communications to internal and external business partners and senior management regarding initiatives, issues and achievements
- Proven leadership to drive cross functional teams to a consensus and manage groups without direct authority
- Proficient in Agile methodology, including backlog grooming, interactive engagement with Scrum Master, SMEs and other Product Owners
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.