At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Manages the organization’s digital roadmap and leads supporting projects from inception to implementation. Assess opportunities in the digital space, monitors competitive trends, understands consumer needs and finds best practices across the financial services industry to identify innovative solutions that will support the organization’s digital strategy and business goals. Responsible for overseeing the definition of the digital experience across web/mobile platforms and leading projects through the full development lifecycle involving large cross-functional teams and external agencies.
This individual reports to the Sr Manager, Marketing (Personal Loans) and the team is seeking an enthusiastic and strategic manager to drive Discover Personal Loans growth in SEO, from both the technical/UX and Content perspective, as well as website user experience.
Key goals for this role include, but are not limited to, continued growth in organic search traffic, steady, substantial improvement in search rankings and improved online conversions derived from website optimizations.
This manager of SEO, Digital and Content will have creative as well as data-driven ideas to accelerate progress, and both content and technical strategies to help move the needle.
- In adherence with company policy, coordinates closely with the Operations, Technology and Law & Compliance teams to define processes, training, communications, and controls. Defines and publishes digital standards and guidelines.
- Negotiates and manages agency partnerships and consultants to develop, as well as further enhance digital strategies. Manages expense forecasting and billing of programs to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Identifies and monitors key performance indicators, end-user adoption, and usage of key features that improve user experience and drive financial results. Effectively communicates key success metrics to leadership.
- Conducts baseline industry, competitive, and consumer research to develop comprehensive and compelling business cases for new digital initiatives to support business goals.
- Manages all aspects of the digital experience, including feature definition, user experience design, information architecture, and content for web and mobile platforms. Delivers a consistent and satisfying digital experience at all customer touchpoints.
- Defines scope of digital initiatives and produces detailed business requirements and wireframes that will drive development, testing, deployment, and ongoing measurement. Manages project plans and leads projects through the full lifecycle, which requires extensive cross-functional involvement, approvals and support from Technology, Operations, and Law & Compliance.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Information Technology, UX Design, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Information Technology, UX Design, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Information Technology, UX Design, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Information Technology, UX Design, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Information Technology, UX Design, or related
- 2+ years of experience in people management
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.