At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for supporting the storage and backup infrastructure for the company. Supports storage arrays, backup devices, storage area network switches and software components. Delivers storage infrastructure technology solutions in support of business needs.
- Initiates and supports process improvement activities.
- Implements and delivers business plans to support business needs. Plans, allocates, and organizes team resources to meet business-plan goals.
- Collaborates with technology teams to ensure events, alerts, and changes are defined and understood to enable faster response times to incidents.
- Identifies and manages risks to reduce impact on business processes.
- Ensures operational procedures and processes are defined and consistently applied.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 2+ years of experience in relevant systems administration
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of related work experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in relevant systems administration and/or relevant certifications
- Concourse Application Suite Experience.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.