At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Discover is seeking an Emerging Payments Product Manager responsible for the ideation and development of products and services that will position Discover Financial Services’ clients and partners to succeed in the market.
The landscape of payments is changing at a rapid pace and is at a unique convergence of Payments and Technology. The ideal candidate will be well versed in Digital and Emerging Payment technologies such as digital wallets like Apple Pay, Google Pay and/or other Pays, biometrics, authentication, cloud, tokenization, and others emerging payment technologies that continue to influence the industry. As a key contributor to Discover Global Network’s performance priorities, this role will combine strategic thinking with tactical execution ability.
The role analyzes the global marketplace for emerging payments trends, and builds and delivers solutions to respond to these trends to meet client needs of Discover Global Network.
*This role can be located in Riverwoods (IL), downtown Chicago (IL), Phoenix (AZ), or New Albany (OH).
- Analyzes payments landscape and competitive market strategies through the analysis of related product, market, or share trends.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners including Fintech influencers, tech giants like Apple and/or other wallet partners as well as traditional payment entities to analyze market demand for these products within the Discover Global Network ecosystem.
- Presents to management opportunities and business case for these products within the network.
- Demonstrates creative thinking, passion and drive to champion new ideas throughout the organization, tenacity to create commercially viable product, and flexibility to evaluate and adapt to market feedback.
- Assesses the performance of and shapes the structure and direction of new and existing product lines and leads the development and execution of strategic product plans for key emerging initiatives
- Identify sources, monitor, analyze, and interpret key product performance metrics including financials, network volumes, other key statistics, and internal/external customer feedback trends, and use these to define and drive initiative values and deliverables.
- Define and execute strategic product road-maps to build new products, enhance existing products, or improve performance.
- Provide business analysis and reporting on ongoing initiatives on a periodic basis
- Serve as Product Management business lead on cross-functional teams, including internal departments such as Sales, Operations, Legal, Marketing, Finance, Technology in the evaluation, development, management, and/or enhancement of new and existing product initiatives.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Engineering, Finance, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Global or Emerging Payment Network , or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Global Payment Network, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s DegreeMBA, or related field
- Payment Services/Fintech experience
- Agile/SAFe Certification or related Product management experience
- Extensive payments experience- product management/business development/operations in digital payments preferred
- Strong track record of innovative thinking and successful product development and deployment
- Strong project management skills
- Experience managing multiple vendor/partner relationships simultaneously
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate strategic approaches and goals both verbally and in presentation format to senior level management
- Influence without authority (matrixed/cross-departmental people management)
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment, consistently adhering to strict deadlines and evolving priorities.
Keywords: “Applepay”, “emerging payments”, “digital payments”, “tokenization”, “payments strategy”
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.