At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Class Start Date: September 9, 2019
Shift Requirements: Shifts are 5am – 1pm – Mon – Fri with rotating weekends and 11am – 7pm – Mon – Fri with rotating weekends
Starting Wage: $15.25/hour
Flex Time Benefits
Our comprehensive benefits package starts day one and features insurance, financial planning support and excellent perks designed to help you reach your goals and live a rich, healthy life. These include:
- Paid time off (at minimum, 20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement for eligible US based employees
- 401K with company match and fixed contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized Mindful options
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- On-site Health Clinics
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOWPoints while you shop)
Responsible for contacting customers who have fallen past due in making payments. Utilizes professional and persuasive communications skills to keep the goodwill of customers. Attempts to contact customers and third parties at all numbers. Responsible for leaving professional and urgent messages in an attempt to get the customer to call back. Connects with customers and then transfers them to an experienced negotiator.
- Requests payment of delinquent accounts through phone calls and sending letters.
- Reviews credit history and other information regarding delinquent accounts.
- Arranges payment programs for delinquent accounts. Ensures terms are acceptable to the company and the customer.
- Adheres to Fair Debt Collection and Practices law and the companys Collection Practices policy.
- Locates customers who have skipped. Determines the best and most cost efficient methods of locating skipped customers.
- Researches city directories, reverse directories and telephone books to locate relatives, friends, neighbors, employers or other creditors to obtain information on missing delinquent customers. Verifies address through contacting utility companies, law enforcement agencies, government agencies, etc.
- Refers difficult and large balance accounts to management. Follows through on management decision on how to handle these accounts.
- Assist with training new hires.
If we had our say, we would also look for:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in Collections or related field
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.