At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for identifying fraudulent debit card transactional patterns through data analysis.
Provides consultative support to internal and external partners and customers. Educates partners and customers on the threat environment and develops appropriate mitigation strategies. Represents the company at key seminars and industry conferences. Delivers addresses as a keynote speaker or at breakout sessions. Visits customers to assess their needs and drive company interests.
- Coordinates with internal and external parties to identify threats and countermeasures in order to protect the value chain and prevent losses to any company partner.
- Assists the leadership with the development and implementation of the enterprise-wide global fraud mitigation strategy. Develops and manages industry product solutions to developing trends.
- Identifies new and potential threats to the payments environment. Defines threats and provides countermeasures to prevent compromises and losses.
- Converts raw data into distinct trends. Anticipates and prevents compromises at points of relative vulnerability. Manages existing programs and recommends and implements new programs and program innovations. Analyzes financial data to detect irregularities in areas such as billing trends, financial relationships, and regulatory compliance procedures.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, etc.
- 4+ years of experience in Microsoft Office with expert knowledge
- 4+ years of experience with an enterprise SQL-type database software product (i.e., Oracle, Teradata, etc.)
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in financial services
- 2+ years of experience with SAS and UNIX
- 2+ years of experience with Business Intelligence tools (Tableau)
- 1+ years of experience with machine learning (i.e. Statistical Models, Algorithms, etc.)
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.