At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Support all line of business reporting and analytics, as well as assist with analytic/strategic initiatives across all lines of business. Position is accountable for complex, high-profile business analysis and reporting projects, starting from designing analytical framework to executing and conducting the analysis, to interpreting key findings, formulating recommendations, and presenting to management and business partners.
- Develops and runs a variety of ad hoc analysis on key driver performance, models, and testing sensitivities. Performs validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and reformulates models as necessary.
- Responsible for providing performance reporting and analysis such as, but not limited to, monitoring and interpreting performance trends, evaluating metrics and other information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, decomposing detailed information into assessment of performance, distinguishing true trends, providing forecast support based on historical performance and similar analytical services. Collaborates with senior managers and decision makers to identify and solve a variety of problems and to clarify management objectives.
- Designs, develops, and manages new reports and dashboards designed to provide management a view into the company’s performance and ensures the timely development and distribution of established periodic reports.
- Expands and enhances analytics capability, continues to improve process, explores/adopts new tools. Collaborates with various business partners on project requests, prioritization, and delivery.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics, Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Business, Strategy, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Analytics, Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Business, Strategy, Consulting, Payments, or related field
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.