At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for managing a team that develops and enhances credit management strategies and/or loss forecasts. Utilizes customer-level information and predictive models to maximize profits, while using efficient tradeoffs among key business metrics, such as credit losses, receivables, and profit. Drives the Identification, design, and implementation of statistical and business analyses in support of business strategy and loss forecasting activities.
- Leads the development of credit strategies and/or loss forecasts while demonstrating strong thought and people leadership to drive business results.
- Ensures that strategies perform as intended through continually monitoring and responding to unexpected results in an expedited manner.
- Fully understands end-to-end processes applicable to the area of work, including operational, modeling, data, and infrastructure capabilities.
- Develops technical, leadership, communication, and presentation skills of team members. Encourages a culture of continual improvement and test-and-learn mentality.
- Recruits, develops, and mentors high-performing teams.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- 6+ years of experience in Analytics, Consulting, Financial Services, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Analytics, Consulting, Financial Services, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Science, Business, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Analytics, Consulting, Financial Services, or related field
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.