At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for managing a team that performs analytics, identifies insights, and makes recommendations to business management. Manages the development of standard data analyses, reports, and dashboards. Ensures team members produce accurate and on-time delivery of analyses and recommendations.
- Manages an analytical team including hire/fire, performance reviews, assignment of work, and development decisions. Ensures the team delivers deadline-driven, accurate, and insightful analyses and reports. Creates a culture that engages business partners through a collaborative approach to make fact-based, data-driven decisions.
- Reviews the results of analyses. Identifies areas for improvement in an analysis or additional data that should be investigated and ensures team members execute. Identifies the need for consistent monitoring of trends and the need to incorporate an analysis within a dashboard. Identifies the need for business intelligence in different areas of the business and assigns team members to gather and analyze the data.
- Presents findings from analyses and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Partners with leadership to ensure an in-depth understanding of requirements and performance levers (KPIs) for each analysis.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Business Administration, or other quantitative analysis field
- 6+ years of experience in applied mathematical and statistical analysis, business, or financial industry
- In lieu of a of Master’s Degree, 1+ year of experience in financial services with a Bachelor’s Degree
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Business Administration, or other quantitative analysis field
- 8+ years of experience with consumer targeting, segmentation and behavior profiling, campaign design and performance evaluation, profitability tracking, and pricing simulation a plus
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.