At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Data Warehouse Department within Enterprise Technology is seeking a Senior Manager for the ETL Data Sourcing and Platform Engineering Team. This position requires strong leadership behaviors and a proven record of managing multiple conflicting priorities, embracing Discover Values & Leadership Behaviors, facilitating LEAN principles promoting process efficiency, and experience leading key interactions and programs. Working knowledge across all domains within infrastructure services; AIX & Linux OS/Hardware/Storage, and cloud technologies.
The candidate for this position must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and motivate team members and stakeholders. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to think strategically, innovatively and creatively, and have the passion to embrace and drive new ideas in the company with the ability to weigh risk and benefits for initiatives. This candidate will be a driver for our migration from on premise solutions to the cloud.
The team supports production environments requiring 24x7x365 coverage.
The Senior Manager is responsible for ensuring responsiveness and resolution to production issues with a support coverage team and act as a point of escalation.
- Coaches and mentors team members. Supports individuals to achieve their individual development goals. Utilizes Agile and Lean practices to identify and solve systemic issues.
- Consults with management in the analysis of short- and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations.
- Utilizes tools to support data-driven decision making. Identifies and removes blockers to enable the team to meet business goals.
- Manages software ownership and development from initial concept through continuous improvement.
- Manage a team of onsite and off-shore contingent workers.
- Responsible for the BI Tools environment both on premise and in AWS.
- Responsible for the administration of Tableau, Cognos, SAS, and additional BI Tools software and grid which they operate on premise and in the cloud.
- Responsible for the governance surrounding the usage of our BI Tool platform.
- Manage Internal SDLC processes.
- Perform Installation, upgrades and patching as necessary for the ongoing health of the environment.
- Perform troubleshooting of complex issues and be able to serve as Tier 2/3 support
- Responsible for all Performance & Capacity Management.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in Application Development
- 2+ years of experience in managing people
If we had our say, we’d also look for
- 10+ years’ experience in Information Technology, preferable in Financial Services.
- 5+ years’ experience managing people
- Working knowledge across all domains within infrastructure services; AIX & Linux OS/Hardware/Storage technologies
- Experience with Ab Initio software a plus, specifically administration
- Ability to manage workload with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously without compromising on quality.
- Excellent analytical ability and experience making data driven decisions.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal. Must be able to effectively communicate to varying levels of management
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.