Customer Service Representative (Military Work at Home)- MID Shift
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. Were all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
As part of our Military Outreach program, this work at home opportunity is available only for veterans, military personnel and their immediate family. Training will be conducted in Dover, Delaware. Once the training program is successfully completed, this role will be remote and employees will work from home.
Class Start Date: June 17, 2019
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO TRAIN IN DOVER, DELAWARE FOR 10 WEEKS
Shift Requirements: Full-time 40 hours per week available
- 12:00 PM – 9:30 PM Monday – Friday (Rotating weekend days)
- 12:00 PM – 9:30 PM Sunday – Thursday
- 12:00 PM – 9:30 PM Tuesday – Saturday
Weekend and holiday scheduling is required to meet business needs
Starting Wage: $16.50/hour
* Remote workers are responsible for securing a Company-acceptable broadband service: Required minimum of
5 Mbps Broadband Internet Connection download speed and minimum of a 5 Mbps Broadband Internet
Connection upload speed. Latency (any delay in internet transactions) must be less than 100ms.
* Remote workers are eligible to receive a monthly gross payment of $60 (Internet Reimbursement). The first
Internet Reimbursement will be on employees’ April 26 paychecks.
* The Company securing and paying for IS will be eliminated; employees currently under this plan will have 90
days to secure their own IS from the date the employee receives this communication.
FULL TIME Benefits
Our comprehensive benefits package starts day one and features insurance, financial planning support and excellent perks designed to help you reach your goals and live a rich, healthy life. These include:
- Paid time off (20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement for eligible US based employees
- 401K with company match and fixed contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full service cafeteria featuring subsidized Mindful options
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- On-site health clinic
- Onsite mental health counselors
- Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOWPoints while you shop)
- Documents customer files.
- Utilizes effective verbal communication and problem-solving skills to handle customer service inquiries. Multi-tasking may be required based on function type.
- Navigates a computerized system for responding to and/or troubleshooting customer questions, which includes using standard screens, scripts, and procedures.
- Uses discretionary authority to satisfy the customer within reasonable limits including, but not limited to, adjustments or credit limit increases.
- Handles routine customer service inquiries and problems for one to three call-type functions via telephone, digital, or chat channels; these routine customer service inquiries require the use of standard screens, scripts, and procedures.
If we had our say, wed look for:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- In lieu of a degree, 1+ years of experience in Customer Service
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.