At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Evolve and implement our long-term enterprise data management program as a leader of the Enterprise Data Governance team. Drive the data catalog, data quality, data stewardship, metadata management, and sensitive data management programs.
As a data governance senior manager you will lead team members in executing data catalog, data quality, data stewardship, metadata management, and sensitive data management activities. Evolve the policies, processes and tools that we have implemented around our data governance program. Build productive working relationships with Business Technology and Business Unit teams to mature and implement a data governance strategy. You will also be involved in oversight for regulatory activities like privacy compliance and financial reporting, as well as data cataloging and classification while providing leadership and applying data governance concepts, principles, and frameworks.
This role is focused on the Enterprise Data Governance Program across the company.
- Manages, coaches, and develops team members.
- Reports progress and status to management.
- Supports data management initiatives and enforces data management standards.
- Partners with the business and technology teams to complete business initiatives.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Information Technology, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 15+ years of experience in Data Modeling, Data Governance, Data Analytics, Data Stewardship, Management, 5+ years of work experience in leading a technical team with focus on project delivery, work experience in staff management (i.e., delegation, hire, fire, performance evaluations, mentoring, motivating, coaching, development, etc.).
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.