At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on it’s customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Class Start Date: January 6th, 2020
Schedule: Monday through Friday with rotating weekends from 6:00 am to 1:30 pm or 12:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Pay: $17.00 hour/ plus afternoon differential (10%)
Full-time “Benefits from day one!!”
Our comprehensive benefits package starts day one and features insurance, financial planning support and excellent perks designed to help you reach your goals and live a rich, healthy life. These include:
- Paid time off (at minimum, 20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement for eligible US based employees
- 401K with company match and fixed contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized Mindful options
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- On-site Health Clinics
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOWPoints while you shop)
- Reviews credit history and other information regarding delinquent accounts. Maintains productivity standards while ensuring prompt follow up.
- Arranges payment programs for delinquent accounts. Ensures terms are acceptable to the company and the customer.
- Adheres to Fair Debt Collection and Practices law and the companys Collection Practices policy.
- Responsible for contacting customers who have fallen past due in making payments by keeping goodwill of customers. Contacts customers and third parties. Handles calls for all levels of delinquent accounts and presents all payment options or strategies to resolve card member delinquency issues.
- Responsible for leaving messages in an attempt to get the customer to call back.
If we had our say, wed also look for:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Sales experience
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.