At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for leading and guiding the work of technical staff. Participates in an agile work team. Breaks down features into user stories and serves as the liaison between business and technical groups. Plans, sizes, assess impacts, monitors progress, and reports on work initiatives.
- Makes decisions regarding functionality and priority of work efforts. Provides product and technical consultation to working teams in order to drive results. Signs off to accept each user story.
- Develops and maintains project plans to drive results on new project initiatives. Ensures tasks, deliverables, and schedule commitments are met.
- Solves problems critical to the success of project initiatives. Partners with teams to identify and remove roadblocks.
- Participates in planning events, team demos, system demos, retrospectives, inspect and adapt workshops, and other ceremonies.
- Develops and maintains well-developed user stories from prioritized features. Ensures that each user story is aligned with product vision, has adequate acceptance criteria, and meets the definition of ready.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- 2+ years of experience in Product Owner, Business Analyst, Payments, Relationship Management, IT, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Product Owner, Business Analyst, Payments, Relationship Management, IT, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Tech, Finance, Engineering, Social Science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Product Owner, Business Analyst, Payments, Relationship Management, IT, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Payments industry
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Product Owner, Technical Consultant, Business Analyst, or Project Management and 6+ years of experience in Payments industry
- SAFe (Scale Agile Framework) in Product Manager/Product Owner (PM/PO)
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.