At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Starting Wage: $16.25/hr
Full Time Benefits
Our comprehensive benefits package starts day one and features insurance, financial planning support and excellent perks designed to help you reach your goals and live a rich, healthy life. These include:
- Paid time off (at minimum, 20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement for eligible US based employees
- 401K with company match and fixed contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized Mindful options
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- On-site Health Clinics
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOWPoints while you shop)
Responsible for handling complex customer service inquiries and problems for three or more call-type functions via telephone, digital, or chat channels through effective communication and problems solving skills. These routine customer inquiries may require deviation from standard screens, scripts, and procedures. Navigates a computerized system for responding and/or troubleshooting to customer questions.
- Documents customer files.
- Uses discretionary authority to satisfy the customer within reasonable limits including, but not limited to, adjustments, credit limit increases, and complex solutions.
- Handles complex customer service inquiries and problems for three or more call-type functions via telephone, digital, or chat channels.
- Navigates a computerized system for responding and/or troubleshooting to customer questions which includes using standard screens, scripts, and procedures.
- Utilizes effective verbal communication and problem-solving skills to handle customer service inquiries.
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 1+ years of experience in Customer Service
- H.S. Diploma or GED
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.