Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Class Start Date: April 15th, 2019
Pay: $18.00 hr
Shift Requirements: AM & PM Shifts (Start Times of 12:30pm – 8pm & 6:00 am – 1:30pm) available! All shifts are M-F with weekends as assigned.
Full Time & Flex Time Benefits
Our comprehensive benefits package starts day one and features insurance, financial planning support and excellent perks designed to help you reach your goals and live a rich, healthy life. These include:
- Paid time off (at minimum, 20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement for eligible US based employees
- 401K with company match and fixed contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized Mindful options
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- On-site Health Clinics
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOWPoints while you shop)
Responsible for collecting delinquent credit card accounts through varying channels (outbound, inbound, assigned queues, and chat sessions). Minimizes losses to the company by determining the best course of action to take to collect the account balances where previous collection efforts have been unsuccessful. Utilizes professional and persuasive communications to keep the goodwill of the customers. Attempts to contact customers and third parties at all numbers
- Minimize losses to the company by determining the best course of action to be taken to collect the account balances where previous collection efforts have been unsuccessful.
- Calls and/or writes customers following regulatory guidelines to request payment of delinquent amounts and handles referral accounts to conclusion.
- Reviews credit and other available information on delinquent or high-balance accounts and discusses the state of delinquent or high-risk accounts with customers. Arranges an acceptable payment program for accounts.
- Adheres to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Law and DFS Policies and Procedures.
- Utilizes skip tracing tools to facilitate next Cardmember contact of delinquent accounts.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 4+ years of experience in Collections, or related field
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.