Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for managing a team of data scientists/modelers to provide modeling solutions to Discover’s businesses, while adhering to enterprise compliance and governance standards. Directs and leads the team to develop models, utilizing machine learning and other algorithms. Presents the results of mathematical modeling and data analysis to management or other end users.
- Motivates and mentors the team of data scientists/modeler to grow their skills and careers, focused on creating a nurturing environment that encourages innovation and continual learning.
- Leverages extensive, deep technical knowledge and leadership skills to drive the development of data-science solutions and implements data-driven recommendations and outcomes.
- Manages project tasks, timelines and deliverable.
- Acts as a liaison among Decision Management, business technology teams, and other business partners in model-lifecycle to escalate model time-to-market.
- Builds relationships with business partners. Allocates resources and prioritizes projects. Ensures that modeling projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Maintains a high level of competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools and techniques, and supports the advancement of the “best-in-class” analytical capabilities to unlock new capabilities and performance, and quickly adapts to modern modeling techniques. Demonstrates technical knowledge in analytical tools.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or related quantitative field
- 6+ years of experience in project management and modeling, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in people management
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or related quantitative field
- 8+ years of experience in the financial Industry, or related field
- SAS or SQL, R or Python
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.