Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. Were all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for organizing external communications efforts and pulling together frameworks for earned media. Manages social media campaigns, conducts meetings, oversees research, and leads external communications.
- Plans and directs the development of communication programs.
- Provides public relations counsel and coaches the business. Creates public relations project timelines.
- Responds to requests for information from the media or designates a spokesperson. Pitches stories and answers requests for information from reporters. Serves as a media contact for investor relations, corporate visibility, acquisitions, legal proceedings, business continuity, and product support.
- Partners with management to create public relations plans, events, and campaigns. Attends briefings with the business, creates draft plans, and collects historical media coverage background related to the projects.
At a minimum, heres what we need from you:
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field
- 4+ years of experience as Journalist, PR Agency Account Representative, Communications Coordinator, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Public Relations Agency, Journalism, or related field
If we had our say, wed also look for:
- Familiarity with direct banking and the payments network
- Extremely organize and able to handle multiple tasks at once
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while youre waiting to hear from us, dont forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer ( EEO is the law ). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.