Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Join our Global Payments Innovation team as a R&D Technical Lead. You will plan, lead and manage the development of testing and certification program and services of new technologies enabling payments such as mobile, QR Code, remote commerce capabilities. This role requires a technical understanding of above payments technologies as well as project management skills to work across multiple external vendors to ensure compliance of the vendor’s products with Discover specifications. Discover has contact, contactless (D-PAS), mobile and QR products based on EMV standards and our payment transaction requirements. These products are used globally and are supported by technology vendors from all parts of the world.
Responsible for leading the design, development, testing, certification, and delivery activities for contact and contactless chip technologies, mobile payments, and other emerging technology-based solutions for card acceptance devices, as well as payment devices. Manages areas of development of the product technology such as specifications development, including functional features and security features, testing requirements, testing capabilities, certification requirements, and certification program design. Manages relationships with vendors, such as card and chip manufacturers, test laboratories, test tool providers, and mobile application developers, to enable support for the payment products. This role works closely on all Discover D-PAS products and knowledge on these products is highly preferred.
- Manages, designs, and develops new payment technologies for card acceptance devices and payment devices (such as contact and contactless chip, mobile and cloud-based payments, etc.).
- Creates and maintains testing requirements and test procedures for new payment technology-based products.
- Manages vendors and external partners to ensure delivery of the best quality services to Discover.
- Develops certification requirements and compliance program for new payment technology-based products.
- Manages participation of development in payment specifications within relevant standardization organizations.
- Communicates, educates, and collaborates with stakeholders about new and updated standards and specifications.
- Leads the day-to-day activities for emerging payment technologies (including mobile sdk, QR, remote commerce), and contact and contactless based cards and payment acceptance device testing and certification.
- Performs internal testing, debugging, defect and log analysis on mobile platforms.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Payment Technology, R&D, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 2 – 3 years of experience in testing of new technologies
- 1 year of experience preferred in sdk product installation and testing expertise
- Sound knowledge of financial services area, especially payment processing using EMV technology
- Experience in payment product testing for contact and contactless terminals, card and mobile
- Experience in functional testing of sdk’s on Android and iOS platforms and familiarity using development platforms (Andrioid studio, iOS)
- 4 years of experience with D-PAS products or similar contactless products is highly preferred
- 8+ years of experience in card payments, network, EMV, mobile technology, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.