Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Responsibility assists in leading risk management and governance, including developing a strategic risk plan/program that assess current and emerging risks associated with legal, regulatory, operational and other risk related exposures. Assists leadership in conducting a comprehensive risk assessment, providing risk guidance on new initiatives, enhancing the control environment by strengthening risks, controls, policy/standards/procedures, process mapping, and managing issues and actions, developing root cause and remediation. Assists with the Compliance SME program and help prepare/ manage Regulatory Exams, Compliance Testing Reviews, and Internal Audits.
- Assists in leading and executing strategic risk planning/program that assesses current and emerging risks associated with legal, regulatory and other risk related exposures.
- Assist in leading in the remediation efforts of regulatory and audit action plans as well as implement strategic initiatives.
- Develops and monitors the risk and control environment for weaknesses and identify solutions to improve effectiveness and efficiency of controls. Escalates and reports risks/issues timely.
- Assists in leading the development, monitoring and execution of project plans, tracking all aspects of initiatives, including sub-projects, inter-dependencies, milestones, risks, contingency plans, and project resources.
- Responsible for the proper reporting and escalation of risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Human Resources
- 4+ years’ experience in Project Management, Corporate Compliance Programs including risk assessments, testing and monitoring, training, policy and procedure development
- 6+ years’ experience in Project Management, Corporate Compliance Programs including risk assessments, testing and monitoring, training, policy and procedure development
- PMP or Lean Certification
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.