Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Marketing Analytics is part of the Credit & Decision Management business unit and is responsible for developing and enhancing card marketing strategies and customer engagement. It consists of experienced analysts, statisticians, modelers, data scientists, and engineers who leverage advanced quantitative intelligence, analytical techniques, and machine learning tools to help drive business value and achieve organizational goals.
This role will be responsible for 2-3 work streams and/or projects and will lead a team of 6-8 quantitative analysts with the aim of achieving/exceeding business goals. Partnering closely with the Card Marketing organization the individual will work on translating high level business goals and strategy into analytical projects and initiatives for the team. This includes developing a 12-18 month roadmap; prioritizing and allocating work; and developing analytical capabilities to drive scale and efficiency. In addition, the individual will track progress against goals and if needed use analytical insights to influence/change business strategy. Working closely with the Director, the role will be responsible for talent development including coaching and feedback; training programs and hiring the right external talent.
The position offers a challenging environment for the right candidate to add business value using their experience and knowledge in a creative manner while also providing a unique opportunity to influence management and impact business performance in a significant way.
- Provide thought leadership & strategic thinking to translate business problem into analytical framework(s), and independently recommend actions and provide business insights
- Develop, implement, evaluate and refine prospect/customer offers and communication strategies to improve its relevance, timeliness and effectiveness
- Lead the development and implementation of advanced analytics including customer segmentation, optimization, prescriptive analytics and machine learning algorithm & recommendation to solve business problems
- Operate as a subject matter expert on statistical analysis, test and design of experiment, analysis methodology, modeling & application, and initiative value determination framework
- Establish and maintain effective performance tracking for marketing campaigns; identify improvement opportunity , form hypothesis, propose, design and implement tests to drive strategy enhancement and optimization
- Recruit, train, coach and develop talents to their full potential with exceptional quantitative/analytical competencies, as well as project management skill and leadership skills
- Manage workload of analyst, set priorities, assign projects and allocate resource, communicate business performance and project progress to management & business partners
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Proficiency with Targeting/Segmentation, Direct Mail, Optimization, A/B Test, Design of Experiment, Campaign Management and Financial Analysis; Strong knowledge of customer behavior data, credit bureau data and financial analysis
- Proficiency with SAS or SQL is required, experience with Python/Hive/R is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required, experience with data visualization tool such as Tableau is a plus
- Experience in digital/web analytics (tagging, Adobe Analytics, click tale, click-stream data, etc.)
- Experience with machine learning technique and big data analytics is a plus
- Self-motivated, demonstrated ability to leverage critical thinking and analytical skills to improve business outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill, ability to put together executive presentation and address to a broad audience
- Strong business acumen, skillful in recognizing business problems and developing tactical response as well as strategic solution
- Proven ability to lead, coach, mentor, and provide constructive feedback and performance review to others
- Proven ability to manage ambiguity and conflict, comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and various levels of management, demonstrate influencing skills and the ability to be effective in a matrix environment
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics/Statistics, Finance/Economics, Engineering/Computer Science, Operations Research or similar quantitative-concentrated fields is required, Masters preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; 7+ years preferred
- Credit card or financial industry experience is preferred
Please see JD.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.