Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
This individual will provide credit risk modeling and analytical supports for credit card portfolio.
- Manages the relationship with related business partners and ensures that modeling projects are delivered in a timely manner
- Responsible for model design, development, model implementation, model usage, and model governance requirements
- Performs in-depth modeling audits, including process evaluations of modeling related activities such as data quality, model performance tracking, and model governance policy
- Build predictive models with traditional statistical methodologies as well as advanced machine learning algorithms such as Gradient Boosting Machine, Neural Networks, Decision Trees, Boosting/Ensemble methods, Clustering, Online learning, etc.
- Evaluates external data and model vendors. Identifies, evaluates and recommends alternatives to business solutions in order to keep DFS on the technology frontier
- Maintains a high level of competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools and techniques
- M.S. in statistics, economics, computer science, engineering, applied mathematics, and other quantitative fields. Ph.D. degree preferred
- One year of modeling experience in financial industry with a Ph.D degree (two years for Master degree)
- Good programming skills (e.g. Python, SQL, SAS, R, SQL, etc.) and the ability to deal with very large volumes of data
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills
- Project management experience in a high-profile, deadline driven environment
- Familiarity with current regulatory requirements and model governance policy
Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.