Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain and enhance department or functional units in support of the overall compliance program components.
How You’ll Do It
- Assist with the development of coverage maps by researching regulatory compliance requirements, determine applicability to Discover, align with internal compliance controls and develop applicable questions and guidance for risk testing purposes.
- Assist in the maintenance and necessary modifications of existing coverage maps.
- Assist with identifying and assessing compliance program risks and controls.
- Support management in the development, implementation, and maintenance of compliance programs and a culture of compliance.
- Assist with preparing annual schedules and status reports of program initiatives, activities, and compliance issues to management and committees.
- Communicate and collaborate with business partners, first and second line of defense and coverage attorneys regarding regulatory requirements and applicability to Discover.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master's degree in business, security, law, computer science, data analytics, or risk
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
- JD, CISA, CIPP, CRMP, PMP, RIMS, or similar license/certification
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.