Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
The Sr Product Manager is a people manager role and is responsible for developing and managing mobile and digital product strategies. He/she evaluates opportunities and makes recommendations to leadership regarding new products, leads the concept transition to the delivery teams, as well as analyzes industry trends to plan, develop, and execute on developing payments products. This role plans, initiates, designs, develops, and delivers consumer device and payment acceptance devices, and manages technical projects from inception to implementation.
If you enjoy creating digital technology products and are able to conceptualize and take products to a finish line, come join the team developing the next generation of digital payments products. You will thrive in this role if you have a knack for identifying problems and collaborating with large enterprise level cross-functional teams to deliver on the strategy.
*This role is located in Riverwoods (IL) or downtown Chicago (IL).
- Defines strategy, researches market trends and technologies and understands client needs to deliver business strategies.
- Navigate/get buy-in from multiple stakeholders (marketing, product, operations, technology) in a fast-paced environment with an attitude of making things happen
- Reviews project plans and coordinates project activities. Builds product concepts and executes on product build processes.
- Reviews and oversees Go-To-Market strategies and works with internal and external business partners on deployment. Provides updates and product review milestones to management.
- Manages/coaches and develops team members.
- Partners with other cross-functional teams to identify areas of product convergence, shared opportunities, and standardizes shared processes wherever possible. Manages project resources, costs, and budgets.
- Directs the operations of the team including the analyzing of workflows, establishing priorities, developing standards, and setting deadlines. Partners with the team, management, and vendors to define roadmaps, solicit cooperation, and resolve problems.
- Oversees the development and transition of product concepts to product management teams
- Defines and advocates for Company product market positions within the industry.
- Oversees program governance and removes obstacles for the teams
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Information Technology, Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Payments Industry Systems, Technology Systems, Discover Systems, or related experience
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Payments Industry Systems, Technology Systems, Discover Systems, R&D, Product Manager in Financial institution, Emerging and/or digital payments, Payments Network, Major Global Network environment, or related experience
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Information Technology, Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of experience in R&D, Product Manager in Financial institution, Emerging and/or digital payments, Payments Network, Major Global Network environment, or related experience
- Experience in conceptualizing and developing digital technology based products; experience in the area of security and authentication, tokenization, digital wallets, 3DS
- 3+ years of Program or project management experience or record of delivering a large program/project
- Self-starter, with experience in both product management and technical product delivery
- Ability to translate ideas/ product concept into an executable plan for taking the product from concept to development to market
- Experience in developing voice of customer, developing new product concept from scratch, performing competitive research, business cases
- Ability to play with numbers in developing business cases
- Excellent communication and executive level presentation skills, and ability to calmly work through conflicts
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.