Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for using experience and a hands-on approach to engage with Data Scientists and Data Engineers, resulting in the generation and consumption of data for various business initiatives on next-generation data platforms.
- Be the bridge between Data Scientist and Data Engineering to enable data application development. Understands at a fundamental level, our data ingestion and processing frameworks. Gathers data application requirements from Data Scientists and other operational teams to ensure that the business needs will be met. Designs transformation logic in source to targets to be implemented by partner Data Engineers. Partners with the Data Scientists and Data Engineers throughout the development and testing processes by ensuring that the team understands the parameters and needs of the project. Schedules and runs data application/model deployments and validations between Data Engineering and Data Scientists.
- Utilizes deep knowledge of in-house data to assist Data Scientists in developing models, analytic processes, and reports to drive business value. Provides guidance to Data Scientists in creating efficient and fast-performing data consumption processes to meet service objectives. Highly efficient in understanding logic implemented in languages such as Python, R, and other analytics tools used by Data Scientists.
- Provides support for deployed data applications and analytical models by being a trusted advisor to Data Scientists and other data consumers by identifying data problems and guiding issue-resolution with partner Data Engineers.
- Ensures that proper data governance policies are followed by implementing or validating Data Lineage, Quality checks, classification, etc.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis, business analysis, data application programming, ETL development, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in data analysis, business analysis, data application programming, ETL development, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 1+ years of experience with Cloud
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.