Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Provides financial and business analysis support. In particular, consolidates, evaluates and reports financial projections for capital planning and stress testing.
This position is in a high visibility team, having responsibility for presenting the capital planning results to senior management, and having significant interaction with senior management of other groups in Treasury, Loss Forecasting and LOB Finance. This team’s role in the capital planning and stress testing process has a direct impact on the Discover shareholder value.
Responsible for developing predictive models to provide modeling solutions to Discover’s business partners. Designs and develops models, utilizing machine learning and other algorithms. Presents the results of mathematical modeling and data analysis to management or other end users.
- Consolidate and analyze financial projections used for CCAR (Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review) stress testing.
- Identify unusual variances and potential issues. Maintain a strong understanding of each line of business and financial statements and leverage that understanding to ensure high-quality, accurate forecast projections.
- Prepare presentations and analyses summarizing stress scenarios financial projection.
- Coordinate with the program management office to support the capital planning effective challenge and governance process.
- Analyzes customer behaviors and product profitability trends to understand financial implications and influence actions, if applicable.
- Prepare regulatory submissions as part of the stress testing exercises as needed.
- Develop and maintain Tableau reports for capital stress testing and CECL.
- Researches and leverages state-of-the-art modeling techniques; participates in modeling innovation.
- Leverages extensive, deep technical knowledge and leadership skills to drive the development of data science solutions and implements data-driven recommendations and outcomes.
- Maintains a high level of competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools and techniques, and supports the advancement of the "best-in-class" analytical capabilities to unlock new capabilities and performance, and quickly adapts to modern modeling techniques. Demonstrates knowledge in analytical tools.
- Accumulates business and data-domain knowledge.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Master's Degree in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or related quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in developing data-based analytical solutions, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or related quantitative field
- 4+ years of experience in the financial service industry and modeling, or related field
- Strong analytical skills and detailed understanding of financial statements
- Experience with visualization software such as Tableau
- Proficient in Hyperion, EPM and SQL
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.