Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
From the outset of the project, project leads, in collaboration with the other stakeholders and management, devise the quality engineering objectives, organizational quality engineering policies and quality engineering strategies for the project.
What You’ll Do
- Lead projects from the outset, in collaboration with the other stakeholders and management.
- Develop quality engineering (QE) objectives, organizational QE policies, and QE strategies for the project
- Automation – Build, scale and maintain test automation frameworks including CI/CD capabilities for multiple products with Test Automation first mindset
- Automation – Be a leader in strategizing and leading a small team of test automation engineers to support multiple products
How You’ll Do It
- Lead, guide, and participate in the analysis, design, implementation, and execution of the scenarios, procedures, and QE suites. Ensure content and structure of all QE documents/artifacts are documented and maintained.
- Liaise with Development and Testers for iterations, testing, and deployment activities. Assist in the preparation of System, Integration and User Acceptance Tests.
- Ensure proper configuration management of the QE artifacts produced and traceability of the tests to the requirements. Recognize when test automation is appropriate and, if so, that this process is planned properly. As test execution approaches, ensure the test environment is ready before test execution and is managed during this process.
- Schedule the tests for execution and monitor, measure, control, and report on the test progress, the product quality status, and the test results, adapting the test plan and compensating as needed to adjust to evolving conditions.
- Assist in preparing meeting agendas; for example, weekly team meetings. Frequently status-check meetings with the team, communicate by means of chat/emails etc.
- Report on QE activities, including results, coverage, required resources, defects discovered, and their status, performance baselines, etc. Attend the regular QE team meetings.
- Plan, monitor, control, and execute QE activities and tasks. Provide input into their estimated effort. Prepare the software plan.
- Assist in the requirements analysis phase of projects. Keep track of the requirements from the project and manage Change of Scope (COS).
- Identify the hardware and software requirements for the QE setup. Escalate issues about project requirements (software, hardware, resources) to the Project Manager/Quality Manager.
- Automation – Collaborate with Development and Test Engineers for iterations testing, and automated CI/CD deployment activities. Automate the various aspects of the System, Integration and User Acceptance Testing for multiple projects
- Automation – Leverage both open source and internal source based frameworks to build product specific test automation frameworks to enable BDD style development
- Automation – Report on Test Automation Metrics as requested by the Manager and/or Project Manager
- Adhere to all QE processes and procedures as per established organizational standards.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology
- 2+ years of experience in leading software testing teams utilizing Agile delivery methods or Equivalent Experience
- In lieu of education, 4+ years of experience in leading software testing teams utilizing Agile delivery methods or equivalent experience
Bonus Points If You Have
- Automation – Must Have – 2+ years of experience leading test automation team utilizing Agile delivery methods for developing test automation frameworks using Serenity, Cucumber, Java, Python, TestNG, JMeter, Jenkins for CI/CD, Git, RestAssured for API, and Test Data management tools for web, mobile and backend database intensive applications
- Automation – Must Have – Experience developing custom automation frameworks OR extending open source frameworks using Java/Python
- 4+ years of experience in leading software testing teams utilizing Agile delivery methods or equivalent experience
- Automation – 4+ years of experience in leading software testing automation teams utilizing Agile delivery methods or equivalent experience
- ISTQB Foundation #LI-BG1 #Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.