Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
As an individual contributor this role will work with other team members on small to medium projects/initiatives. The individual should be able to work on analytical tasks and initiatives, prioritize, communicate timelines and execute on guidance from managers. They will develop datasets, dashboards, and reports.
- Responsible for development of analysis, dashboards, reports, and data sets including performance reporting, analysis and evaluation of agent and portfolio performance
- Works with managers to understand needs and timelines
- Utilize programming language and analytical tools to conduct ad hoc analysis
- Attend trainings to keep up with technical skillsets
- Develops strong relationship with other teams and stakeholders across the organization
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative, or related field
- 4+ years of Data Analytics and Query Design in a quantitatively driven industry or related
- 1+ years of hands on experience developing optimized, complex SQL queries across large volumes of data in both relational and multi-dimensional data sources.
- 1+ years of hands on experience utilizing industry leading Business Intelligence Tools such as Tableau, Power BI or Qlikview to develop robust, interactive and visually impactful dashboards or related.
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Data Analytics and Query Design in a quantitatively driven industry, or related field.
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative, Finance, Analytics or related field.
- Tableau Certification
- Snowflake / Cloud environment experience
- Python and PySpark experience
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.