Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Responsible for developing and enhancing the risk and control environment within the Discover Student Loans business. Serves as a liaison between business unit and Corporate Risk Management (CRM), Compliance, Legal, and other Business Risk Office groups. Executes various Preventative Risk Management activities and initiatives such as, but not limited to, risk and control assessments, operational excellence (process mapping and control assessments), key risk indicator reporting and new initiative process.
- Analyzes risk and operations data. Interprets data for the purpose of supporting key business goals, such as risk environment monitoring and risk mitigation.
- Works across departments to coordinate initiatives.
- Supports management in preparing presentations and reports.
- Assess processes for risk and control effectiveness. Supports the control design process and assess processes for any control gaps or enhancements needed to ensure effectiveness of controls.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance
- 4+ years of experience in Audit, Risk, Operations
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Audit, Risk, Operations
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Lean, Six Sigma and/or demonstrated process improvement expertise
- Experience in working in the Student Loans industry
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.