Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Responsible for ensuring successful outcomes for customer implementation projects through coaching, mentoring, and guiding project managers. Responds to requests for assistance and proactively monitors the overall portfolio, identifies the most complex and at risk projects and advises the project managers across the portfolio to ensure optimal and timely outcomes.
Responsible for consulting the Salesforce support teams and business SMEs on how to maximize the value of the platform. This role will be focused on proactive opportunities to unlock more potential for gaining value from Salesforce capabilities. Opportunities will be focused on decreasing cycle time and eliminating manual work where possible through process efficiencies and automation. This role will complete some of their own development and updates to the platform. Large initiatives will be defined by and solution created by this role and then handed off to product owners to develop with their sprint teams. This role will require self-starter initiative to identify opportunities within the organizations processes and guiding the business users and salesforce support teams to new solutions.
This role will be a senior member of the Salesforce support teams. This role will be responsible for mentoring other team members on Salesforce capabilities and solutions for complex projects.
How You’ll Do It
- Partners with project managers to ensure projects are successful and achieve timely go live and production timelines. Identify portfolio and project risks and work to ensure those risks are effectively mitigated. Provide consulting upon request and analyze the overall portfolio for project performance improvement opportunities that can be addressed.
- Maintains implementation project knowledge and skills. Ensures knowledge of all major products, processes, and project best practices to be able to provide guidance to project managers
- Collaborates with project managers, stakeholders, and leadership to analyze portfolio performance and identify general efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
- Ensures project manager knowledge and skill: Identifies knowledge gaps and determine training needs. Collaborate with others to ensure training is delivered.
- Consult with senior management on business goals and opportunities to identify Salesforce solutions to drive business results.
- Responsible for identifying innovative solutions on how the business can reduce cycle time and manual processes through the Salesforce Platform.
- Coach and mentor Salesforce Support team and Business SMEs on the capabilities of the platform and complex solutions.
- Complete development for quick win solutions using Einstein, Lightning Flows, process builder etc. Large solutions and major changes will have support of a sprint team to complete development.
- Responsible for managing the Salesforce implementation roadmap of future initiatives and evolution of the platform.
- Support three sprint teams managing day to day user support and development of new features structured in Agile development including weekly production installs.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance or Information Technology or Project Management
- Minimum of 6+ years’ experience in Project management, portfolio management, business or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years Salesforce experience
- Salesforce Certifications including Administrator, Platform App Builder, Einstein Analytics and Discover Consultant, Field Service Lightning Consultant, Sales and Service Cloud Consultant, etc.
- Experience with Mulesoft
- Finance and Payment Services experience
- Experience managing complex Salesforce platforms
- Agile development experience #LI-BG1 #Remote #BI-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.