Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Business Technology Infrastructure Services Team is looking for a Scrum Master of Infrastructure Services. This role would be accountable for the delivery of highly visible, cross-functional initiatives working closely with technical resources across the enterprise.
What You’ll Do
As part of our Digital Payments technology domain, you’ll:
- Serves as scrum master, working closely with aligned product owner, product architect and technical team.
Responsible for facilitating all Scrum ceremonies, such as Daily Standup, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retro, in addition to collecting and providing relevant data and metrics.
Act as Servant Leader. Drives team discussion & collaboration, coaching agile principles and the continuous improvement mindset in addition to helping manage impediment removal by working closely with other teams and impacted stakeholders.
Attends Scrum of Scrum meetings as needed to synchronize across teams and resolve blockers.
Assists Product Manager, Product Owner roles with on-going backlog grooming and refinement.
Facilitates release planning with Product Manager, Product Owner and stakeholders to determine the features, its sequence and expected timeline.
Assist with status reporting, velocity metrics, sprint accomplishments, in addition to socializing current risks and issues.
Oversees a backlog high-priority initiatives, which often will require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration.
- Partner with others in the Agile space (Senior Scrum Masters, Release Train Engineers and Agile Coaches) to drive technology-focused teams towards achieving Agile principles. Your influence will help achieve various milestones as well as objectives
- Leverage your development skills to the highest capacity to help drive key initiatives and projects and shape our business and technology outcomes to meet customer and partner needs.
- Create and break down product/platform efforts into successful execution-ready plans.
- Contribute to the developer experience by leveraging the latest technologies in the industry to enhance current solution patterns and define new ones.
How You’ll Do It
- Facilitate team activities including daily stand-up meetings, grooming, sprint planning, demonstrations, release planning and team retrospectives.
- Follow and promote Agile methodology and related scrum ceremonies within a cross-functional Agile team.
- Coach the team to own and continually improve their process and practices.
- Manage sprint release deliverables and proactively identify and resolve impediments to help the team work effectively, meet sprint objectives and ensure releases stay on track.
- Update sprint activities in Agile planning and execution tracking tool.
- Communicate Agile team's progress, dependencies, and impediments.
- Participate in program increment (PI) planning events.
- Identify, communicate and resolve dependencies between Agile teams.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Agile, Scrum, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Agile, Scrum, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Agile practice related Certifications a plus (CSM, CSP-SM, SAFe, etc.)
- Strong background with Jira
- Broad knowledge of IT Infrastructure platforms, technologies and principles, including on-prem and cloud environments. (Hardware, Network, Server, Virtualization, Middleware, Endpoint, Authentication, Security, Collaboration, etc..)
- Broad knowledge of DevOps, automation principles and supporting technologies (ideally Chef, Terraform, Ansible, GitHub, Jenkins, etc.)
- Execution Focused
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- SAFe Scrum Master Certification
- Experience working for a large, highly sophisticated organization
#LI-MF1 #BI-Remote #Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.