Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
The Credit Bureau Reporting team is responsible for furnishing customer data to the credit reporting agencies for all of Discover’s lines of business, while maintaining a robust quality control framework to ensure the accuracy of data and the timeliness of reporting. The candidate will utilize data analytics capabilities to identify opportunities to enhance the accuracy of customer data and will lead projects to implement recommendations. The candidate will become familiar with industry-standard credit bureau reporting practices and will work with internal and external business partners to improve reporting and data accuracy, introduce process enhancement and automation, and ensure standardization and consistency of consumer reporting practices across various lines of business.
Responsible for developing and implementing of risk models as well as portfolio analyses using advanced data extraction and mining knowledge and tools. Works under minimal supervision.
- Utilize data analytic capabilities to analyze data and identify, research and resolve complex customer-impacting issues.
- Lead projects independently to improve data accuracy of credit reporting and enhance processes across various lines of business.
- Work with internal and external business partners to analyze credit reporting practices, define requirements, and set up new processes/controls to ensure accurate and operationally efficient credit reporting.
- Perform analytical research to investigate consumer credit bureau reporting disputes and coordinate business partners to resolve issues when necessary.
- Work with team members and collaborate with business partners to design, develop, implement and monitor risk models to meet the business requirements.
- Lead projects and provide guidance to junior team members in modeling and analytics projects.
- Communicate the model results to business partners and aids in achieving the best utilization of models.
- Provide innovative and new ideas to enhance model prediction power by evaluating new data sources, identifying new variables and adopting new modeling techniques.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools and advanced techniques, including knowledge in UNIX, programming skills in SAS / SQL and any other statistical software. Act as a liaison with business partners in intra-departmental projects and present findings to senior management and business partners.
- Establish and maintain a thorough understanding of the analytical data sources available for risk modeling. Examples include credit bureau data, portfolio information, transactions and payments data.
- Proactively identify trends or developments that may impact business plan and performance or which may present opportunities. Keeping functional areas and management abreast of such findings.
Education -Masters Statistics, Information Technology, Continuous Improvement, Mathematics, Business, Economics
Preferred education-Ph.D. Statistics, Information Technology,Continuous Improvement, Mathematics, Business, Economics
Work Experience: Minimum Years: 4+ years Experience in analytics in the financial services industry
6+ years Experience in analytics in the financial services industry Preferred
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.