Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee–focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for managing consumer compliance testing function for Discover’s credit card and bank operations, including related headquarters and field activities. Leads and develops a team of compliance professionals who are responsible for conducting control and transaction tests in order to assess compliance with relevant laws, regulations and policies. Additionally, the role ensures adherence to all applicable laws, regulations and policy requirements with an emphasis on consumer protection regulations.
Reporting results based upon testing activities to provide business unit management, executive level leaders and Board level Committees transparency to the compliance risks within Discover.
- Builds, manages and directs a team of compliance professionals to execute timely testing for regulatory requirements in credit card and bank operational business processes
- Develops a robust compliance testing program inclusive of standards, procedures, processes and methodologies for testing applicable regulatory requirements and expectations
- Manages processes to accurately measure, test, and evaluate controls and business practices to determine whether practices are consistent with laws and regulations
- Works with a team of data scientists to develop data analytic routines to support and automate compliance transaction testing
- Ensures high quality of testing workpapers
- Reports on compliance test results to senior business management and other stakeholders
- Ensures adequate participation in regulatory exams and effective verification of closed regulatory items where applicable
- Maintains high level of regulatory compliance and operations knowledge, including a thorough understanding of all relevant laws and regulations in consumer protection for open– and closed– ended loans, deposit products, and privacy
- Maintain a customer focused culture to leverage broader relationships, systems and knowledge across the organization
- Work with corporate risk management Risk Testing organization on creation of testing plans and addressing all relevant compliance risks
- Analyzes test results and makes recommendations for policy and procedural changes to mitigate compliance risk
- Provides updates to applicable committee meetings across the enterprise, including effective and timely reporting in line with regulator expectations
- Supports, supervises and develops staff as part of career development initiatives, staffs reviews with appropriately skilled resources. Assign roles to staff that allows for their professional development. Manages staff development and job satisfaction
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- 8+ years’ experience with consumer regulatory compliance and testing, audit, risk, or related
- In lieu of education experience, 12+ years’ experience with consumer regulatory compliance and testing, audit, risk, or related
- Master’s Degree in Business
- 10+ years’ experience with consumer regulatory compliance and testing, audit, risk, or related
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.