Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Responsible for highly complex support of the company's information technology, applications and servers, which includes analysis, installation, testing, maintenance, operations, planning, response to service outages, and other problems. Ensures the integration of various elements of technology so that they function effectively for end users. Installs, maintains, and monitors software and servers ensuring proper administration of software licensing and updates. Configures, maintains, and monitors security access control systems.
- Designs and implements short and long-term strategic goals and road-map for managing and maintaining systems and software for Continuous Integration, Test Data Management and Test automation
- Works closely with the disaster recovery function in planning and coordinating business continuity efforts, including backup and restoration of data and ensuring high systems availability. Evaluates and Implements new tools for accomplishing to continuously improve the existing process and system architecture is aligned with enterprise goals
- Provides Security first mindset using standard established Risk controls when implementing a Solution or Feature
- Strategizes and manages requirements from multiple Values Streams in co-ordination with Business and BT
- Establishes approach for early, component level testing through various capabilities including synthetic data generation, on-demand app provisioning, virtualizing dependencies and continuously evaluating it to meet application design changes
- Leads a team of members and assist building enhanced software capabilities in the area of Test Data Management(TDM), Continuous Integration and Quality Architecture. Mentors other Engineers in understanding the approach, tools and process
- Review HP Software announcements for Software Product Releases
- Support Network configuration changes as well as System Utility tools (SCF, MEASURE, TMF, Software Essentials, etc.)
- Manage department cost and budgets working with finance team and Sr. Management.
- Research new technologies related to the NonStop systems
- Lead planning and installation of new HP NonStop system platforms as well as updates
- Research HOT Stuff and SPR’s for potential issues or compatibilities with current environment
- Address Non-Stop Hardware and Software errors, review using EMS, WebViewpt and Prognosis
- Manage the Installation of New Operating Systems across multiple NonStop Platforms (Prod, Cert, Dev, Test)
- Perform the needed research to implement new Operating Systems in various environments on HPE NS7X & NS3X platforms.
- Open tickets with HP Global Support Center and track progress to find resolution.
- 24X7 On Call Support
- Change Control activities using ServiceNow incident management
- System Software Updates (new releases or patches: NonStop)
- System Performance review using Measure, Prognosis and Webviewpt
- Interfacing and assisting Application and Command Center Support teams
- Participating in Audit Reviews
- Maintain relationships with 3rd party vendors.
- Team leader and mentor other team members SME
- Complete all security training, read ongoing security-related communications and acknowledge understanding such communications as requested by Management
- Ensure system patches are installed according to Vulnerability Management Program
- Responsible for analyzing business issues and developing software solutions.
- Develops technical support software, systems, and operating system capabilities for data processing.
- Designs, configures, and tests computer hardware, networking software, and operation systems software.
- Directs the installation of operating systems, networks, applications, and hardware.
- Conducts software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, and network environments.
- Maintains and administers computer networks and related computing environments
At a minimum:
- Minimum Bachelors Information Technology or Engineering
- 8+ years’ minimum experience in managing TDM, CI or Quality Architecture for a large organization. Strong programming skills, primarily in Java
- In lieu of education 8+ years of minimum hands on development experience in Multiple Programming languages with distributed infrastructure Experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 7+ years of Tandem NonStop experience.
- Prior experience with TACL Macro Programming, Spooler, NetBatch, FUP, TCPIP, Listener, SQLCI, NonStop CLIM and SSH as well as Oracle Golden Gate
- Experience creating and supporting SQL databases (including reloads and re-partitioning).
- Experience creating and supporting TACL routines, macros, obey files
- Managing statistics on measure data.
- Experience with Backup and Restore data.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to work with HPE Global Support Center and Professional Services team.
- Ability to work within a large enterprise environment and on cross functional teams.
- Ability to understand, manage, and communicate priorities and expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Advanced troubleshooting ability.
- Work rotating on-call schedule and be available to work after hours and on weekends.
- Ability to work and excel in a fast paced and changing environment #LI-BG1 #Remote #BI-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.