At Discover, you will never stop learning. We are looking for people driven by purpose, who want to help us change the game in financial services. We were founded in 1986, and now have over 16,000 employees. Together we are dedicated to helping people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more for a brighter financial future.
By joining us, you will be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. We are as focused on our employees as we are on our customers – and we have been consistently awarded for both. Be the reason we help millions of people build a brighter financial future, and achieve yours along the way.
What You’ll Do
- Serve two one-year rotations through two different business areas/ disciplines within Discover aimed at aligning personal talents with business initiatives.
- Report to high-performing managers, while serving on cross-functional projects and/or teams.
- Have opportunities to: Work on challenging projects and strategic initiatives aligned with Discover's high-priority goals, priorities and objectives; Improve processes, manage complex projects, and present to management; Lead projects, make decisions, problem solve and think creatively; Influence the future direction of the business as a direct result of their contributions; Exercise people and thought leadership in high exposure roles by leading analyses, supporting internal and external business partners, and implementing unprecedented, revenue-driving projects.
- Work with dedicated program managers, experienced rotational managers and knowledgeable mentors
- Interact with key stakeholders and leadership through both projects and program events
- Opportunities may exist in variety of different areas enterprise-wide including: Analytics Business Development Business Risk and Compliance Collections Consumer Insights & Market Research Customer Experience Finance Internal Audit Internal Consulting (e.g. DMS/LEAN Special Operations, Strategy & Analysis) Marketing (Digital Communications, Customer Experience, Strategy) Operations (Acquisition, Servicing, Strategy) Process Improvement Product Management Product Strategy.
How You’ll Do It
- Contribute to developing solutions to business problems using a wide set of key factors which involve critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Effectively manage competing projects and priorities to meet key goals and objectives and ensure successful completion and delivery.
- Identify analyze and manipulate different sources of data and utilizes software (e.g., Excel, SQL, SAS, Tableau, etc.) to achieve insights and conclusions that help drive business decisions.
- Engage with cross-functional teams utilizing a variety of techniques to understand key stakeholders’ concerns, while also being able to address them and gain buy in. This includes: coordinating and facilitating meetings, capturing and clearly articulating notes, key actions, and potential issues/risks.
- Work with a wide variety of key stakeholders, including senior level leaders, front line customer service agents, and peers.
- Create both written and verbal communications on project initiatives and results.
- Communicate insights and conclusions utilizing a variety of graphs, charts, and other methods to tell a story to manager, key stakeholders and business leaders.
- Establish a solid understanding of the business and bring fresh ideas to improve processes and generate efficiencies with a strong customer service focus.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in business
Bonus Points If You Have
- Certifications in Minitab, R, SAS
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.