Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
The debit industry and competitive landscape is consistently evolving, the manger for this area will need to be ready to take on new analytical challenges as we respond to an evolving landscape. You will be responsible for managing a team that performs advanced analytics and provides intelligence and/or recommendations to solve business issues to business partners. This team will conduct advanced analytic analyses including both qualitative and quantitative to identify trends, variations, patterns, and insights. You will ensure the team members produce accurate and on-time delivery of analyses and recommendations. Your work will directly impact the bottom line of the business. You will be working with executive leadership, Sales, Finance, Product and the Operations team. Our team strongly believes in maintaining a healthy work life balance.
"Running the numbers” or “pulling data” is just the beginning. The value from this role comes from the story and conclusion that you reach by pulling together multiple data source (internal/external, market factors, competitive intelligence, customer segmentation, etc…). Some of the tools/technology that we work with are Jaspersoft, Tableau, Pivot Tables and more.
- Manages a team including hire/fire, performance review, assignment of work, and development decisions. Ensures team delivers deadline-driven, accurate, and insightful analyses and reports. Create a culture that engages business partners through a collaborative approach to make fact based, data-driven decisions.
- Reviews the results of advanced analytical analyses. Identifies areas for improvement in an analysis or additional data that should be investigated and ensure team members execute. Identifies the need for consistent monitoring of trends and the needs to incorporate an analysis within a dashboard. Identifies the need for business intelligence in different areas of the business and assigns team members to gather and analyze the data.
- Presents findings from analyses and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Partners with leadership to ensure an in-depth understanding of requirements and performance levers (KPIs) for each analysis.
- Bachelors in Mathematics, Statistics , Engineering , Information Technology, Finance, Analytics
- 4+ years Experience using statistical and/or analytical principles, tools, and advanced techniques to solve real-world business problems. This work should include the use of process controls to identify and track model risks and ensure model validation standards and procedures are meeting enterprise wide requirements.
- 4+ years Professional experience in the following fields: econometric analysis, statistics, and/or forecasting; plus experience preparing and analyzing large data sets.
- Masters in Mathematics, Statistics , Engineering , Information Technology, Finance, Analytics
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.