Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Discover Financial Services is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Data Operations team. Successful candidates will partner with our business partners to understand their data needs, build data pipelines using cutting edge AWS and on prem technologies, develop and execute test cases and provide technical leadership to peer data engineers for highly complex and critical data projects.
Responsible for designing and developing data-driven platforms and next-generation analytic technologies.
- Designs and develops complex and critical data projects.
- Designs and develops real-time processing solutions.
- Creates and enhances data solutions that enable seamless integration and flow of data across the data ecosystem.
- Develops, implements, and supports application codes and analytical models.
- Identifies improvement opportunities and recommends possible technical solutions.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the analysis, preparation of specifications and plans for the development of data processes.
- Designs and develops data ingestion frameworks, real time processing solutions, and data processing/transformation frameworks leveraging open source tools.
- Deploys application code and analytical models using CI/CD tools and techniques and provides support for deployed data applications and analytical models.
- Provides senior level technical consulting to peer data engineers during design and development for highly complex and critical data projects
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 2+ years of work experience in data platform administration/engineering, or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of work experience in data platform administration/engineering, or related experience
- AWS or Google Cloud Certified
- Proficiency with one of the ETL tools Abinitio, Informatica or Data Stage.
- Proficiency in one of the scripting languages such as Shell/Python/Scala/Java.
- Hands on experience with relational Databases.
- Hands on experience with AWS based solutions such as RDS, Lambda, Snowflake, EC2, EMR
- Prior experience with Banking or Financial domain
- Experienced in Agile methodologies.
- 2+ years of experience of being a lead engineer amongst a team of equal or junior level developers
- Collaborative individual who excels in working within a team and with business partners and identify, develop and deliver innovative data solutions.
- Strong ability to build and leverage external relationships.
- Strong verbal and written skills, with a demonstrated ability to create presentations and persuasive papers. Ability to clearly articulate information or solution.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.