At Discover, you will never stop learning. We are looking for people driven by purpose, who want to help us change the game in financial services. We were founded in 1986, and now have over 16,000 employees. Together we are dedicated to helping people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more for a brighter financial future.
By joining us, you will be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. We are as focused on our employees as we are on our customers – and we have been consistently awarded for both. Be the reason we help millions of people build a brighter financial future, and achieve yours along the way.
Discover's Business Technology Development Rotational programme is an exciting 2 year opportunity for highly motivated individuals who are interested in growing their technical skills while making an impact and adding value to the organization. With a focus on career development, enhancing technical and leadership skills, participants will execute technology initiatives to deliver strategic value aligned with Discover's high-priority goals in an agile environment.
In the technology track, participants will gain exposure to disciplines within Discover’s Business Technology department as well as the broader organization. Participants will drive their career by gaining expertise in engineering roles and thriving in a sought after culture and work environment. Selected individuals will experience various assignments that will enhance capabilities in engineering technology and practices.
Participants can expect:
· Cohort of recent college graduates
· Assignments aligning personal talents with business initiatives
· Challenging and impactful work that supports Discover’s strategic business priorities and objectives
· Opportunities to work on cross-functional projects and/or teams
· Ability to improve processes, manage complex projects, and present to management
· Enhance abilities to lead projects, make decisions, problem solve and think creatively
· Dedicated program managers, experienced managers and knowledgeable mentors
· Interaction with the key stakeholders and leadership through both projects and program events
· Training, Development, and Networking
· Opportunity for career advancement and success
Participants can expect to influence the future direction of the business as a direct result of their contributions. They will be afforded opportunities to exercise people and thought leadership in high exposure roles by supporting internal and external business partners, and implementing unprecedented, revenue-driving projects. Opportunities may exist in variety of different areas including: Cybersecurity, Enterprise Technology (Advanced Analytics), Application Development, Bank, Payments, Enterprise Architecture and Infrastructure Services.
Potential Job Responsibilities may include:
· Work as a member of a technology team applying agile practices to deliver product based projects
· Collaborate to enhance processes, automate services, and increase reliability and security
· Leverage agile software development methodologies to define and review business requirements for new services, functions or applications
· Work with technologies/services/platforms such as: Unix, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloud Foundry, Java/J2EE, Scala, Spring, REST, Jenkins, Gradle, Git, Nexus, Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, MongoDB, Oracle, Teradata, ETL and more
· Consistently follow standard work processes and documentation requirements. Recommend improvement to work processes to increase efficiency while maintaining quality of work.
· Continuously improves technical and leadership skills through training and development
Minimum: 2:2 Bachelor’s Degree in a Technology discipline (ie Computer Science, Computer Engineering)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.