Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
What You’ll Do
As part of our Digital Payments technology domain, you’ll:
- Leverage your development skills to the highest capacity to help drive key initiatives and projects and shape our Business and Technology outcomes to meet Customer and Partner needs.
- Create and break-down product/platform efforts into successful execution-ready plans.
- Contribute to the developer experience by leveraging the latest industry technologies to enhance current solution patterns and define new ones.
How You’ll Do It
- Deliver technical solutions based on approved designs.
- Maintain highly available systems.
- Test and mitigate risks for all projects and releases.
- Work in tandem with others in both the technology organization and the business to accomplish initiatives.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field
- 2+ years of experience in software development or related field
- In lieu of degree, 4+ years of experience in software development or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience working in the financial services or technology industries
- Hands-on development in a fairly large scaled environment
- 6 months of experience performing the same work or equivalent skills and experience
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational database
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines)
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres and understanding of columnar data stores such as Redshift or Snowflake
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
- Strong technical understanding of data architecture, data quality and related technologies
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.