Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Class Start Date: March, April, or May 2021
Shift Requirements: 20-29 hours a week. 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM availability, M-F with weekends
Starting Wage: $13.75 plus a night and a weekend shift differential (up to $16.50 / hour)
Part Time Benefits
Our excellent perks designed to help you reach your goals and live a rich, healthy life, include the following:
- Paid Time off (up to 40 hours annually)
- Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized Mindful options
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- On-site Health Clinics
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOWPoints while you shop)
What You’ll Do
- Handle basic and routine customer services inquiries and problems.
- Respond to customer service inquiries and problems via multiple channels, generally recording consistent problem areas.
- Navigate a computerized data entry system or other relevant applications.
How You’ll Do It
- Utilize effective communication skills to handle customer service inquiries.
- Use computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
- Refer customer inquiries to appropriate published materials, secondary sources, or more senior staff.
Qualifications You’ll Need
Bonus Points If You Have
- High school diploma or GED
- A quiet work space
- Internet service with a minimum speed of 5 Mbps
- Personal smartphone or tablet
Keeping our employees safe is a key focus at Discover. This position is based in our North Phoenix, AZ call center. Based on the evolving situation with Covid-19, we may ask you to be onsite on day 1 for equipment pickup and New Hire Orientation. From there your training and/or work will be remote until the situation with Covid-19 allows us to move back into our building.
*At Discover’s discretion this position may be work from home and adjusted back to “in office” at any time.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.