Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Are you passionate about next-gen technology? Do you get excited when you hear the word product delivery, digital or agile? If you have answered yes to above, you have come to the right place. Digital Payments Business Technology is building out a new team of highly skilled Engineers who will be working on one of Discovers exciting new initiatives around Click-to-Pay in our Digital Networks space.
The Lead Engineer will also develop and maintain full stack solutions to fit business needs. Full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and DevOps development. Works directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Works independently or with own team to innovate on and advocate for best practices within the team. Designs complex solutions and leads them from inception to production within the agile team.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain full stack solutions to fit business needs ― full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end microservices and APIs, database and DevOps pipeline development.
- Establish, document, and implement quality assurance automation best practices
- Mentor and develop the skills of existing team members as well as continually improving your own automation and development skill set
- Work directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Works in an autonomous team to develop, innovate and support cutting edge applications
- Design complex solutions and lead them from inception to production within the Agile team.
How You’ll Do It
- Develop and maintain complex front-ends focused on user experience.
- Develop and maintain back-end systems.
- Develop and maintain automated test suites.
- Work with key stakeholders to design complex solutions and lead from inception to production.
- Create and maintain DevOps processes, application infrastructure, and utilize cloud services (including database systems and models).
- Continuously improve the architecture, team, organization and organizational processes through metrics/data and analysis and innovation
- Innovate on and advocate for best practices and improved team processes.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Support live systems to ensure business continuity.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 6+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies including TDD and BDD
- Experience with Cucumber and Selenium
- Be a specialist in quality ensuring deliverables and team understand quality methodologies and frameworks to enable full automated validation
- Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL database
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Experience working in a paired programming environment
- Experience using ReactJS or AngularJS
- Full Stack Academy, General Assembly or comparable programs may adequately supplement a non-CS Bachelor’s degree
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.