Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Responsible for ensuring Portfolio Management processes are communicated and adhered to in order to facilitate the proper oversight and governance of the Portfolio. Responsibilities include partnering with key stakeholders to drive adoption of capabilities by acting as a change agent using their expertise to influence and guide partners. Act as a portfolio advocate working with all levels of the organization to convey the value and benefits of Portfolio Management. Provide guidance on established processes also working to develop and implement best practices to connect the work and people to the company's strategy. Working with stakeholders, develops ideas on how processes can be improved, shares lessons learned and best practices across business areas, building relationships at all levels.
Provides leadership and accountability for Portfolio Management, encompassing the prioritization & planning for business demand across business units, the stewardship & collection of portfolio planning and execution data, the creation and communication of portfolio performance reporting and the ongoing support of business and risk partners for matters related to portfolio delivery.
- Leverage Portfolio Management expertise to influence business partners to utilize Portfolio Management capabilities to the fullest potential. Provide targeted consulting services to ensure that business partners are leveraging the capabilities in order to achieve a high level of adoption of these capabilities. Coordination of stakeholder communication across the organization.
- Act as a change agent when working with business partners to manage the impact of change. Identity and work with key stakeholders to determine the best ways to implement and communicate changes.
- Develop specific Portfolio Management expertise in a continuous learning model and use that skill to develop new and improve existing Portfolio Management capabilities. Work with the Platform tools team to fully define the work so that it can be developed and implemented.
- Responsible for the data quality for the portfolio, identifying issues and working with business partners to resolve them.
- 2+ years’ experience in Agile Development, Project Management, Computer Science, Infrastructure Technology Solutions, or related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or STEM degree preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience in Management Consulting, Project Management, Business Development, Corporate Strategy, and Technology Strategy preferred.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.