Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Class Start Date: February, March, or April 2021.
Shift Requirements: 12:00 PM – 8:30 PM, 1:00 PM to 10:00 PM, and 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM Monday to Friday with weekends as assigned.
Starting Wage: $16.00
Our comprehensive benefits package starts day one and features insurance, financial planning support and excellent perks designed to help you reach your goals and live a rich, healthy life. These include:
- Paid time off (at minimum, 20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement for eligible US based employees
- 401K with company match and fixed contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized Mindful options
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- On-site Health Clinics
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOWPoints while you shop)
What You’ll Do
- Resolve Cardmember inquiries regarding a fraud- or security-related concern; such as verifying flagged transactions, caller authentication, reporting an account as fraud, etc.
- Take incoming calls and referrals from other departments, and at times make outbound calls.
How You’ll Do It
- Handle inbound customer calls; complete necessary fraud verification, includes caller authentication, transaction verification, etc., utilizing excellent customer service skills.
- Collect necessary information and complete a fraud report when a customer confirms unauthorized account activity.
- Ensure proper follow-up or escalation of account based on call outcome.
- Make outbound calls to verify account activity with the customer.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Strong verbal communication and problem-solving skills in Spanish and English
- Ability to multi-task, as needed, to get the job done
Bonus Point If You Have
- High school diploma or GED
- Bilingual Spanish communication
- A quiet workspace
- Internet service with a minimum speed of 5mbps
- Personal smartphone or a tablet
Keeping our employees safe is a key focus at Discover. This position is based in our West Valley, Utah call center. Based on the evolving situation with Covid-19, we may ask you to be onsite on day 1 for equipment pickup and New Hire Orientation. From there your training and/or work will be remote until the situation with Covid-19 allows us to move back into our building.
*At Discover’s discretion this position may be work from home and adjusted back to “in office” at any time.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.